Taoist Energy Work To Build Confidence Riding
For riders who are tired of being nervous all the time when they ride and want to learn how to calm their fear.
Are you tired of constantly being afraid when you ride, nervous over every little thing, always looking forward to riding and yet dreading it at the same time?
Would you like almost more than anything in the world (yes, almost), just to be able to relax on horseback and enjoy your time with your horse (while you are actually on your horse)?
Imagine for a moment, if your worries were only little ones …
You are thinking about going riding later on in the day, and all you are worried about are things like:
Will it be raining? - I’d better wear a coat."
"Where will I go? I might go to the woods, or will the gate be locked?"
Little things like that, instead of secretly and silently being very afraid, every time you thought about your ride (and you probably thought about it a lot).
You can learn to use tools that you already have, your energy and your breath, and use them to go deep inside your body, and calm your fear of riding.
Then you will be able to make a real connection with your horse, and you will both be able to enjoy your time together, you and your horse.
I can help you to do this by helping you connect with your energy/Chi and your breath, and helping you to learn Taoist Breathing exercises specifically designed for riding.
A little bit about me …
My name is Jenny Pim, I'm the Founder and Creator of Equestrian Tai Chi.
I created Taoist Energy Work To Build Confidence Riding, because I wanted to help people who are nervous of riding to manage their fear, so they could find within themselves, the strength and the courage, to be able to ride happily. And so they could enjoy their time with their horse, while they were actually on their horse.
Having a fear of riding is very common, here are some of the main reasons why people feel afraid:
1. They have had a bad experience
Or they had a series of bad experiences and it has knocked their confidence. They may have had a bad fall, or a very bad fright.
2. They know someone who's had a fall
They have heard about someone, who has had a serious riding accident and it is constantly on their mind.
3. They have an injury or injuries
They are worried they might aggravate an old injury, or worse if they took a fall.
4. They were over-horsed
They may have been riding a young nervous animal whose energy frightened them, or a horse that was too strong for them, or they may have been riding a badly schooled horse, whose behaviour they didn’t know how to correct.
5. They have become a parent
It is very common for people who have children to see danger everywhere. There is also the added responsibility of being a parent and worrying who would take care of their child if something should happen them.
6. They are getting older
It is natural to be worried about falling and being injured as we get older. Bones don’t mend as quickly and our reactions may not be as sharp as they were when we were younger. Also there is the worry or not being able to drive if they were injured, or not being able to work, or to meet financial commitments, or to take care of their family. There is also the worry of not being able to take care of their horse.
7. They just can’t pin it down to anything
Some people don’t know why they are afraid, it could be a combination of things, but nothing of significance. They just feel uneasy and anxious a lot of the time.
I often hear nervous riders being given advice like, ‘repeat a Mantra’, or ‘just breathe’.
People giving this advice may mean well, but a rider who is extremely frightened needs much more than this to calm their fear.
Most people know that deep breathing helps to calm fear, but if that was all it took, then nobody would be afraid when they were riding.
It is true that deep breathing is great for calming fear, but in reality, people are not able to sustain it for long, unless they practice it, and more importantly, unless they practice the right type of breathing.
Taking few deep breaths and then going back to being scared again is not contributing to lasting change. It is not going to give you the confidence in yourself, when you are going out for a ride, that you have the ability to control your fear.
Unlike other breathing advice often given to nervous riders, the exercises in Taoist Breathing For Riding take into account that you are in continuous motion, and are in close contact with your horse, who will be affected by your breathing.
I have spent years developing the exercises that are compatible with riding and calming fear into a system, that gives people strategies for different types of situations.
I'm a Certified Riding Coach registered with Horse Sport Ireland. I've been teaching Tai Chi professionally since 2002. I’m a registered Tai Chi Instructor for The Tai Chi Union of Great Britain.
My interests now lie in teaching Equestrian Tai Chi, in helping people manage their fear of riding and connecting with their horse, and in teaching special interest groups. I have taught many different types of people, for many years, how to connect with their energy, and I believe that it is an ability we all have within us.
Taoist Energy Work To Build Confidence Riding is a 3 part system, where you learn Taoist Breathing For Riding and Equestrian Tai Chi and Chi Gung
Here’s what you will learn –
Taoist Breathing For Riding
Taoist Breathing for Riding gives you the ability to focus your mind inside your body, and to consciously calm the places where it feels fear, using your energy and your breath.
Your practice of the energy exercises and Taoist Breathing opens and develops your energy channels, allowing you to send energy, to where you want it to go in your body. Once your body is relaxed, it’s positive energy will calm your emotions and thoughts.
Awareness & Time
Your will learn how to deal with fear in different aspects of time -
- You'll learn how to let go of incidents from the Past, so they no longer trouble you in your Present.
- You'll learn how to stay calm, moment by moment in The Present, using your energy and your breath to monitor and adjust how your body feels.
- You'll learn how to cope with what is coming right up in the Immediate Future, even if it feels overwhelming.
- You'll learn how not to stop letting your projections about the Future worry you in the present, and how to prepare for The Future, so when the day comes, you can actually enjoy it.
Here is what you will learn as you progress through the Modules –
- How to connect with and store your energy.
- 2 Equestrian Chi Gung exercises to develop and refine your internal energy
- 5 Foundation Taoist Breathing for Riding exercises to help you calm your fear (all of the the other breathing exercises are based on these Foundation exercises, knowing them will give you the ability to do the more advanced breathing exercises in Module 2).
- 1 internal organ breathing exercise to lessen the damage that fear does to your body.
- How to heal the memories from your Past and calm worries about your Future
- 6 internal Taoist Breathing For Riding Exercises that let you access your internal energy system so you can calm your body at a deep level.
- A fresh look at The Present.
- Why it is so important to relax in The Present.
- What makes it difficult to relax your body in The Present and how to overcome this.
- Taoist Breathing For Riding Exercises for 4 different situations:
- For if you feel as if you can't breathe or get your breath in at all.
- For when you’ve had a sudden fright.
- For preparing yourself for something that’s coming up that’s making you nervous.
- An exercise to help you, when you feel as if you have been overwhelmed by fear.
- You'll also learn how to expand your perception of yourself so you don't feel so vulnerable.
- A fresh look at the Immediate Future and what is really is.
- How to make your Immediate Future more comfortable for you, when you are feeling afraid.
This is what people are saying ...
Overcome lack of confidence
3 friends & I took our horses to Allegany State Park for a weekend camping trip. I was deathly afraid of how my boy would be considering the fact that taking him trail riding has always not been fun cause he would do everything possible to be the bad boy, therefore I was afraid!
I got on the saddle (while friend held him), did a couple of your breathing techniques & calmed myself down. And it worked!
We went on a 3 HR ride that was so much fun. He was so calm & very well behaved that he blew me & my friends out of the water! We ran up the hills, drank from the creek, meet people in cars driving by, he let kids rub his nose, walked past a barking puppy that was going nuts and so on! I have had my boy for 5 yrs now.
I've gone through 6 trainers in the past to help me to understand on what to do but nothing helped, until a friend sent you to me. I can honestly say you have helped me and I thank you so much. No more fear for me!
The energy flow of the breathing exercises relaxes the rider and gives confidence
I am a Registered Equine Massage Therapist and have a diploma in Equine Acupuncture. 4 Star Equine Services provides rehabilitation for injured horses and teaches students all aspects of Classical Equitation and the day to day care of the horse.
I enrolled in Equestrian Tai Chi with Jenny Pim to actually do the instructors course but at the time had a few nervous riders having problems letting go of their fears and lacking confidence in themselves with the mounted riding. So I thought this Confidence course would also be of benefit. Jenny’s course is put together in such a way it is easy to explain especially about how important our emotions and energy affects the horse. The breathing exercises, and allowing the energy to flow through each body part has been a great benefit to help my students build confidence in themselves.
I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to have a connection to their horse and enjoy their riding with a true partnership.
Kim Jensen R.E.M.T (hons)
This is everything that is included with
Taoist Breathing & Awareness For Confident Riding…
The course is fully available online. Once you join the course, you get immediate access to all the four modules. You'll have your own username and password to log in and out, whenever you want.
The Course Includes –
- Information about your Tantien.
- How to feel your energy.
- How to store your energy.
- Guidelines For Practicing Taoist Breathing For Riding.
- Videos of 2 Equestrian Tai Chi warm up Exercises with audio and written instruction.
- 16 Taoist Breathing For Riding exercises (with audio and written instruction), to help you manage your fear of riding.
- Information and exercises about how to calm your fear of riding;- how to heal your fear of the Past, how to cope with your fear in the Present and in the Immediate Future, and how to deal with your fear of events in the further away Future.
I offer a 30 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee
If you decide Taoist Energy Work To Build Confidence Riding is not for you, that is not problem at all, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 Days, and I will happily refund your money.
Maybe you have tried other things to get over your fear and they haven’t worked, maybe you’ve given up hope, that you will be able to get over your fear, maybe you think you will do it sometime soon, or even next year. Maybe you think that you have tried everything.
But here’s the thing, you haven’t tried tried this.
If you begin now, you could actually start to enjoy your riding, to even look forward to it.
Imagine only missing your ride, if you really had to, instead of being glad of any old excuse not to go riding. Does that inspire hope in you - that you could actually feel that?
Horses feel so much happier with us when we are not afraid, they can relax too, and enjoy the special time they have with us. Would your horse have more fun with you if you were more relaxed?