Begin by putting the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth, just above where your gums join your teeth, and then start from the following position.
- Your hands rest palms down on your thighs, with your fingertips pointing naturally downwards.
- Turn both hands so they are palm up.
- Lift them out to the sides and extend them upwards in a big arc.
- Bring them up to above head height, being careful not to lift your shoulders.
- Then turn your hands, so the palms face downwards, with the fingertips pointing towards each other. Then bring them down the front of your body, either side of your centre line.
- When you reach full extension at the bottom, turn your hands so they are palm up again.
Repeat 3 – 6 and continue for a few minutes until you feel calm and relaxed. At the end of your practice, store your energy in your Lower Tantien, by placing both hands over the location of your Lower Tantien for a short while. Your Lower Tantien is located a couple of inches below your navel, towards the centre of your body.